What causes an Agent to disconnect?
A disconnected Agent is one that cannot connect or communicate with the Peer Management Broker and Peer Management Center in a timely fashion.
Many factors can cause an Agent to disconnect. Causes include:
- The server hosting the Peer Management Center and Peer Management Broker is down
- The server hosting the Agent is down.
- The Peer Management Broker Service is down.
- The Peer Agent Service is down.
- The connectivity between the Broker and the Agent is still functioning but very slow to respond.
- The timeout setting (Missed Heartbeats before Agent Disconnect) is set too low.
- The IP of the Peer Management server has changed.
- The service account for the Agent has changed or the password has changed.
- New firewall restrictions are restricting communication between the Agent and the Peer Management Broker.
The Agent is being updated to a new version.
Reconnecting an Agent
The Agent should connect automatically once the cause is resolved.