- Synchronize Symantec Enterprise Vault placeholder files without recalling them.
- Ensure that file archiving and unarchiving events are mirrored across all participating sites.
Symantec Enterprise Vault recommendations
- The FSA Agent must be installed and running on all the servers where users will open files.
- The Enterprise Vault archiving policy must leave behind placeholder shortcut files, not Internet links, and the placeholder files must be created immediately.
- Support for Symantec Enterprise Vault placeholder files applies only to files and will not apply to email, SharePoint, or social media information that may be managed by Enterprise Vault.
- Peer Global File Service supports SEV versions 9, 10, and 11.
Peer Global File Service configuration options
- Enter 16 in the File Metadata > Reparse Tag Name (numerical value only) field.
- Identify the host where Symantec Enterprise Vault archives files. In Peer Global File Service, select that host from the File Metadata > Reparse Master Host drop-down list. During scans, Peer Global File Service will synchronize the placeholder files from the Master Host to all participating sites.