|Last Updated||29 June 2020|
- The minimum required version of the DART operating system for use with Peer Global File Service or PeerSync is v8.1.x. Older versions of DART are not officially supported.
- The VNX storage platform must be licensed for NAS/file operations and the Common Event Enabler (CEE) Framework.
In environments where a CIFS Server is running on a Virtual Data Mover, at least one CIFS Server must be running on the underlying Physical Data Mover.
- Any Windows Server that will be interfacing with a VNX device through the Peer Agent or PeerSync must be on the same domain, same network segment, and same subnet as the VNX device. This network must operate at speeds of at least 1 Gbit/sec.
- The minimum version of Windows required for VNX support with the Peer Agent or PeerSync is Windows Server 2012.
- No other products based on the Common Event Enabler (CEE) framework from Peer Software or any other vendor can be run on this Windows Server. In addition, no other Peer Software products can be run on this server (such as the Peer Management Center).
The service account for the Peer Agent or PeerSync must be a local administrator on the Windows Server that will host either product.
- DNS must be able to resolve the Fully Qualified Domain Name of the Windows Server that will host the Peer Agent or PeerSync. Both forward and reverse lookups must successfully resolve.
- No firewalls (software or hardware) should be enabled between the Windows Server that will host the Peer Agent or PeerSync, and the VNX device.