|13 Jan 2022
Minimum PeerLock Configuration for Windows:
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, or 2019 operating system.
- Physical servers are preferred and may be necessary in some cases, but high performance VMs running on enterprise-class hypervisors can usually suffice.
- At least two processor cores.
- At least 2GB of system RAM with 1GB dedicated to PeerLock .
- At least 2GB of free disk space on a reliable hard drive to accommodate installation and log files.
General Requirements and Notes
- Required and recommended CPU, memory, and disk space numbers above will vary depending on the size and scope of the environment. These numbers are to be used as a starting point.
- Detection of open files in PeerLock is only supported on the local Windows server where PeerLock is installed (NTFS only).
- PeerLock can lock files only on remote Windows File Servers.
- It is recommended that PeerLock be run as a service, under a domain account with FULL ACCESS to the folders it will be monitoring and to the remote files it will be locking.
- Achieving high availability for the PMC through active-passive configuration
- Achieving high availability for the PMC through active-passive configuration (v4.7.0 - v5.1.1)
- Achieving high availability for the PMC through active-passive configuration (v5.2 and later)
- Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP Prerequisites
- Dell EMC Celerra | VNX | VNX 2 Prerequisites