What firewall settings are required for the Peer Management Center (PMC) server to enable uploads of log files and analytics data and to check for and download PeerGFS software updates?
For uploads of PMC logs and analytics data
PMC logs are uploaded to a Peer Software Amazon S3 object store and analytics data is uploaded to a Peer Software Azure Blob Storage account.
You should ensure that PeerGFS can traverse any network address translation (NAT) policies and communicate:
- with Amazon S3 outbound to s3.amazonaws.com on port TCP 443 (HTTPS).
- with Azure Blob Storage outbound to *.blob.core.windows.net on port TCP 443 (HTTPS).
For download of PeerGFS software updates
Communication with the Peer Software update server is requested outbound through TCP 443 (HTTPS). If you need to whitelist the update server, use downloads.peersoftware.com as the whitelisted domain. Communication can be tested from the Peer Management Center (PMC) rich client by clicking Help on the Window menu, and then clicking Check for Updates.
- Achieving high availability for the PMC through active-passive configuration
- Achieving high availability for the PMC through active-passive configuration (v4.7.0 - v5.1.1)
- Achieving high availability for the PMC through active-passive configuration (v5.2 and later)
- Firewall Requirements
- Maximize network throughput
- What causes an Agent to disconnect?
- What firewall settings are needed to enable PeerGFS uploads and download software updates?