A disconnected Agent is one that cannot connect or communicate with Peer Management Center and Peer Management Broker in a timely fashion.
Many factors can cause an Agent to disconnect. Causes include:
- The server hosting the Peer Management Center and Peer Management Broker is down.
- The server hosting the Agent is down.
- The Peer Management Broker Service is down.
- The Peer Agent Service is down.
- The connectivity between the Broker and the Agent is still functioning but very slow to respond.
- The timeout setting (Missed Heartbeats before Agent Disconnect) is set too low.
- The IP of the Peer Management server has changed.
- The service account for the Agent has changed or the password has changed.
- New firewall restrictions are restricting communication between the Agent and the Peer Management Broker.
The Agent is being updated to a new version.
Reconnecting an Agent
The Agent should connect automatically once the cause is resolved.
- Connectivity issue during Agent update
- Firewall Requirements
- How does the Lock function behave when there is a disconnect between Agents and the PMC and broker?
- HSTS blocks access to the PMC's web interface
- Throttle bandwidth between the Broker and a remote Agent
- What causes an Agent to disconnect?
- What do the Agent connection statuses mean?
- What firewall settings are needed to enable PeerGFS uploads and download software updates?
- What is a quorum and how did I lose it?