If possible, we recommend specifying the full administrative paths to the remote machines. Under certain circumstances, it may be more convenient to use DFS namespaces. PeerSync supports the use of DFS namespaces, provided that they are accessible by the host and user account running PeerSync.
If using DFS namespace paths with the ByteReplicator, the PSListener will need to be installed on the Domain Controller. If you have more than one Domain Controller in your domain it may be necessary to install the PSListener on all of them. The PSListener would need to be installed on all the Domain Controllers that could potentially be selected by the host computer when it tries to look up the DFS namespace.
- Best Practices: Revit Worksharing
- Can I use DFS Namespaces when specifying folder paths in PeerSync?
- Configure PeerSync Listener's advanced settings
- Configure the PeerSync Listener installer to run unattended
- Does PeerSync Listener have to be installed on both servers when using the ByteReplicator?
- How does the ByteReplicator work?
- Set up synchronization/replication over TCP
- Why does ByteReplicator use .BRTMP temporary files?