|15 February 2024
- The minimum required version of the Unity Operating Environment (OE) for use with Peer Global File Service or PeerSync is v4.2. Older versions of UnityOE are not officially supported. NFS is currently not supported.
- The Unity storage platform must be licensed for NAS/file operations and the Common Event Enabler (CEE) Framework.
- Any Windows Server that will be interfacing with a Unity device through the Peer Agent or PeerSync must be on the same domain, same network segment, and same subnet as the Unity device. This network connection between the Unity device and the Agent or PeerSync must operate at speeds of at least 1 Gbit/sec with sub-millisecond latency.
- The minimum version of Windows required for Unity support with the Peer Agent is Windows Server 2016.
- No other products based on the Common Event Enabler (CEE) framework from Peer Software or any other vendor can be run on this Windows Server. In addition, no other Peer Software products can be run on this server (such as Peer Management Center or Peer Management Broker).
- Unisphere Management logon credentials are required to connect to the Unity device and port 443 must be open from the Peer Agent or PeerSync server to the Unity device.
- The service account for the Peer Agent or PeerSync must be a local administrator on the Windows Server that will host it.
- The service account for the Peer Agent or PeerSync must be added as a local administrator on the Unity NAS Server.
- DNS must be able to resolve the Fully Qualified Domain Name of the Windows Server that will host the Peer Agent or PeerSync. Both forward and reverse lookups must successfully resolve.
- No firewalls (software or hardware) should be enabled between the Windows Server hosting Peer Agent or PeerSync and the Unity device.
- Achieving high availability for the PMC through active-passive configuration
- Achieving high availability for the PMC through active-passive configuration (v4.7.0 - v5.1.1)
- Achieving high availability for the PMC through active-passive configuration (v5.2 and later)
- Amazon FSx for NetApp ONTAP Prerequisites
- Dell EMC Celerra | VNX | VNX 2 Prerequisites
- Dell PowerScale Prerequisites
- Dell Unity Prerequisites
- Firewall Requirements
- Issues runing PeerSync as a service
- NetApp Data ONTAP 7-Mode Prerequisites
- NetApp ONTAP Prerequisites
- Nutanix Files Prerequisites
- Peer Global File Service - Environmental Requirements
- PeerLock - Environmental Requirements
- PeerSync - Environmental Requirements