|Last Updated||16 March 2023|
- The supported versions of Nutanix Files (formerly Acropolis File Services or AFS) for use with Peer Global File Service are v3.0.1.x through v3.2.x and v3.5.1.x through v4.1.x and v4.2.1 and above. Other versions of Files (including v3.5.0.x, and v4.2.0.x) are not supported.
Note: Nested shares are only supported with Peer Global File Service starting with Nutanix Files v3.5.1.
- Any Windows Server that will be interfacing with a Files cluster through the Peer Agent must be on the same domain, same network segment, and same subnet as the Files cluster (Client Network). This network must operate at speeds of at least 1 Gbit/sec. Preferably, the Agent should be running on the same physical Nutanix AOS cluster as its associated Files cluster.
- The minimum version of Windows required for Files support with the Peer Agent is Windows Server 2012.
- No other File Activity Monitoring or VSCAN products from Peer Software or any other vendor can be run on this Partner Server. In addition, no other Peer Software products can be run on this server (such as the Peer Management Center).
- Nutanix Files Requirements: All Nutanix Files requirements, including around physical hardware and networking must be met. Please contact your Nutanix representative for more information.
CIFS/SMB Permissions: The service account for the Peer Agent must be a member of the Local Admin Group on the Files cluster. To add accounts to the Local Admin Group of the Files cluster, the UUID of the desired cluster must be obtained. To do so, run the following command via SSH on one of the Nutanix CVMs:CODE
ncli file-server list
Find the UUID of the desired Files cluster, and then run the following command to add the service account DOMAIN_USER_NAME (in the format “DOMAIN\\USERNAME”) to the Local Admin Group of that cluster:CODE
ncli file-server add-admin-user uuid=<UUID OF FILES CLUSTER> user=<DOMAIN_USER_NAME> role=ADMIN
Note: DOMAIN_USER_NAME requires a double slash between the domain and user name.
Nutanix Files API Permissions: The Peer Agent must be configured with an account on the Files cluster that has been granted API access. It is recommended that this be a dedicated local account on the associated Files cluster just for the use of Peer products. The following command can be executed via SSH on the Files cluster to create the local account USER_NAME with appropriate API access on the specified Files cluster. To run this command, the UUID of the specified cluster must be obtained. Review Step #6 for details on how to obtain this ID.CODE
ncli file-server add-user user=<USER_NAME> password=<PASSWORD> uuid=<UUID OF FILES CLUSTER>
The username must be in all lowercase characters.
The username and password of this account must be entered into each Peer product as part of the configuration process.
Basic Authentication is used to communicate with the Nutanix Files API.
- No firewalls (software or hardware) should be enabled between the Agent server and the Files cluster. If the firewall(s) between the Agent server and the Files cluster cannot be disabled, please review Firewall Ports and Communication Flow for Nutanix Files for minimum TCP port requirements.